Agenda Meeting 26th June 2014

GREAT WITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of Great Witchingham Parish Council at Great Witchingham VA Primary School on Thursday 26th June 2014 at 7:30pm.

Signed: ……Jane Wisbey………………………

Acting Clerk to the Parish Council

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND PRESS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

 

(1401)             Welcome

(1402)            To consider apologies for absence

(1403)            To approve the minutes of the last council meeting

(1404)            Matters arising not mentioned elsewhere on the agenda

(1405)            To record declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed

(1406)            To adjourn the meeting to allow public participation

(1407)            To update on District Council Representation.

(1408)           To discuss adding Wildlife Park to complaint against Broadland District Council.

(1409)           Update on improvements to road safety in the area between the junction of Nowhere Lane and the A1067 where it enters the village.

(1410)            Update on the speed sensing signs and bike racks.

(1411)             To consider planning applications/matters

  1. Clay Hall Farm
  2. Land opposite the Garage

(1412)            War Memorials update

(1413)            Update on Post Office facilities

(1414)            Update on Jubilee Wood public access agreement and Public Rights of Way

(1415)            Update on bus shelter

(1416)            Finance: Clerks expenses

(1417)            Update on parking issues on The Street

(1418)            Update on Village Fete

(1419)            Update on Bernard Matthews Christmas turkey distribution

(1420)            Update on Environment Agency

[att_button url=”http://gwpc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Agenda-June-2014.doc” color=”green” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download Agenda – June 2014[/att_button]

Date and time of next meeting:  Thursday July 31st 2014

Parish Council Meeting 29th May 2014 – Minutes

GREAT WITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Held at Great Witchingham VA Primary School on Thursday 29th May 2014 at 7:30pm.

Signed: ……Jane Wisbey………………………

Acting Clerk to the Parish Council

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND PRESS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

 

(1378)        Welcome

GWPC expressed thanks to Stephen Williams for doing an extremely good job as   Chair and Acting Clerk

(1379)        Jane Wisbey elected as Chair

(1380)        Hurbie Burton elected as Vice-chair

(1381)        Co-option of Nicki Marshall to GWPC

(1382)        Minutes of the last council meeting approved

(1383)        Matters arising not mentioned elsewhere on the agenda:

  1. Lack of license for Norfolk Wildlife Park to be put on agenda for next meeting. Request to add it to GWPC complaint against BDC planning
  2. Herbie has found many old pictures of Lenwade to put on GWPC website

(1384)        No declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed

(1385)        To adjourn the meeting to allow public participation:

  1. Request for bus shelter at east/top end of village. GWPC to look into cost, planning, designs etc.
  2. Complaints that BDC had removed dog bins BDC said were not used. Residents claim they were always used. GWPC to write to BDC.
  3. Thanks to new litter picker who is making a real difference to the village
  4. Member of public has sent email to Rev. Tillett about hole in graveyard.

(1386)        Update on District Council Representation adjourned until next meeting.

(1387)        Finance:

i.         Insurance paid

ii.         Year End Accounts signed off

iii.         NALC paid

iv.         Parish litter collection wages paid

v.         Churchyard grass cutting paid

vi.         Clerks salary paid

(1388)        Hubbards Loke/Starlings’ way site visit to take place on 14th June. Details on website and noticeboard

(1389)        Residents to monitor problem parking on Heath Close

(1390)        Waiting for update from NCC on improvements to road safety in the area between the junction of  Nowhere Lane and the A1067 where it enters the village.

(1391)        Speed sensing signs now collecting data. Quotes being obtained for bike racks.

(1392)        Planning applications/matters

i.     Clay Hall Farm: BDC has said they will begin enforcement of outstanding planning conditions. GWPC continues to support small development on site in exchange for removal of existing buildings

ii.     Land opposite the Garage: BDC have approached housing association to negotiate purchase and development for one bedroom properties for over 55’s.

iii.     Request for double yellow lines from Heath Lane to Porters lane on the North side of A1067. GWPC to first send out general letter to residents at east/top end of village.

iv.     Herbie has made numerous phone calls and met with Old Comrades Association, Rev. Tillett and Lovell’s regarding the War Memorial. GWPC agreed it must be done properly. Service and rededication to be held 3pm Remembrance Sunday with Bishop of Lynn

(1393)        Post Office facilities begin at Bridge Pub on Mondays 8.30am to 10.30am and Thursdays 12noon to 2pm. Details on website and noticeboard.

(1394)        Herbie and Jane have meeting with Mrs Comer about Jubilee Wood public access agreement

(1395)        Public Rights of Way to be discussed at next meeting

(1396)        GWPC undertaking questionnaire about speeding and parking in The Street

(1397)        Environment Agency to cut Cabbage Leaf at end of season. The flood risk is increasing and cannot be ignored. To be discussed at 6 Chairs meeting.

(1398)        GWPC to request Bernard Matthews to continue to donate turkeys to elderly residents in need at Christmas.

(1399)        Village Fete to be held at Bridge Pub on 19th July. All stalls £5.00

[att_button url=”http://gwpc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/GWPC-minutes-May-2014.docx” color=”blue” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download GWPC minutes May 2014[/att_button]

Date and time of next meeting:  Thursday June 26th 2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

Parish Council Meeting 24th April 2014 – Minutes

GREAT WITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 Draft Minutes of meeting of Great Witchingham Parish Council at Great Witchingham VA Primary School on Thursday 24th April 2014 at 7:30pm.

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND PRESS ARE WELCOME TO ATTEND

 

(1361)                       Welcome

(1362)                       Apologies for absence: James Joyce will be attending later

(1363)                       Minutes of the last council meeting approved

(1364)                       Matters arising not mentioned elsewhere on the agenda

a) NALC membership to be considered under finance at next meeting

b) Insurance quotes will be ready for next meeting

c) All GWPC emails not handed over from previous GWPC clerk have now been lost. Financial resources are not available to take legal action

d) Lovells have agreed with Herbie to clear all site rubbish every Saturday.

e) Gateway from VH to public footpath: Herbie to clarify situation

d) Parish Litter: Herbie has found young person from village to take on this job.

e) GWPC thanked Herbie for his efforts

(1365)                       No declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed

(1366)                       Meeting adjourned to allow public participation:

Parking on Heath Close is a concern as access to emergency vehicles is restricted, oil delivery is inhibited, residents cannot be taken to their doors with shopping, hedges cannot be cut and there are cars on the pavement. GWPC to approach highways and ask for road markings and signs

(1367)           Update on District Council Representation: GWPC has had no response from BDC (Andrew Proctor), reminder was sent. Department for Communities and Local Government suggests GWPC follow BDC complaints procedure.

(1368)           GWPC to raise complaint against Broadland District Council Planning Officer as per David Sayer’s email.

(1369)           Improvements to road safety in the area between the junction of Nowhere Lane and the A1067 where it enters the village:

Meeting took place with NCC highways to discuss 50mph speed limit, site lines, double white lines, and improvements to junction. GWPC to chase NCC officer, James Winter.

(1370)           Data gathering equipment: waiting for confirmation from Westcotec that the information it gathers will produce the sort of analysis we need.

Reepham High school student design approved for bike racks. Quotes to be obtained for construction of the bike racks. GWPC to contact Reepham High School re £750.00 as they are now unable to build it for this amount.

(1371)                       To consider planning applications/matters

i.     Planning application 20140613Single Storey extension Woodleigh, The Street. Herbie has been to visit the neighbours. GWPC have no objection subject to no objection from neighbours

ii.     Clay Hall Farm: GWPC still awaiting reply from BDC Planning. NCC have refused a meeting with GWPC. GWPC and parishioners cannot make an informed decision without full information. GWPC continue to support a small housing development on the site of the original buildings. Residents of Heath Lane and Heath Close strongly objected to any development off Heath Lane. GWPC agreed to ask BDC to pursue enforcement of outstanding planning conditions for CHF site.

iii.     Land opposite the Garage: BDC has approached housing association about negotiating with owner to develop land for housing.

iv.     Request for double yellow lines from Heath Lane to Porters lane on the North side of A1067 to be made to NCC. Concerns raised about access for carers. Herbie has spoken to owners parking on pavement and road.

v.     Hubbards Loke/Starlings’ Way update: Herbie to co-ordinate site visits for residents with Lovells.

vi.     BDC has given a named person at Housing Options for residents interested in the social housing.  It is important to ensure that anyone in housing need in Great Witchingham contacts the Housing Options Team at BDC, and registers their interest in these local connection properties (if they have not already done so).  This will enable the Housing Team to check that the correct details are held and to ensure those in need are still registered (some applications may have lapsed). The person to contact with regard to these local needs properties is:-

Alex Alston – Housing Needs Assistant

Direct dial number – 01603 430595

(1372)           War Memorials update: Stephen has resent photo to ensure correct design. War Memorial will be ready for November 11th

(1373)           Post Office facilities will open in The Bridge Pub in June; Mondays 8.30am – 10.30am and Thursdays 12noon – 2pm

(1374)           Update on Jubilee Wood public access agreement: Stephen to liaise with Mrs Comer.

(1375)           Update on Public Rights of Way: Link on GWPC website. UEA project will send maps. The PRW then need documenting. NCC responsible for maintenance.

Herbie has very kindly paid to have a handrail built on the steps from the PRW onto Heath Lane. GWPC thanked Herbie for his generous contribution.

(1376)           Update on Environment Agency: EA still looking at alternative solutions to desilting

(1377)           Parking on The Street: A sustainable plan is needed. GWPC to survey residents about possible changes and ask for suggestions.

 

GWPC minutes 24-04-2014

Date and time of next meeting: Thursday May 29th 2014

 

 

Parish Council Meeting 27th March 2014 – Minutes

GREAT WITCHINGHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of meeting held at Great Witchingham VA Primary School on Thursday 27th March 2014 at 7:45pm.

 

Signed: ……Stephen Williams………………………

Stephen Williams, Acting Clerk to the Parish Council

 

(1344) Welcome

(1345) In attendance: Stephen Williams, David Beaumont, David Sayer, Maria Fraser, Jane Wisbey. No apologies for absence

(1346) Co-option of councillor Herbie Burton

(1347) Minutes of the last council meeting agreed

(1348) Matters arising not mentioned elsewhere on the agenda

(1349) No declarations of interest from members in any item to be discussed

(1350) Meeting adjourned to allow public participation

(1351) Update on District Council Representation.

(1352) discussion on improvements to road safety in the area between the junction of Nowhere Lane and the A1067 where it enters the village. Meeting arranged with NCC Highways.

(1353) The speed sensing signs are working well and the bike racks are being made

(1354) Silting of River Wensum, Environment Agency Update: No dredging to take place. GWPC to pursue action plan with Environment Agency

(1355) Planning applications/matters

i. New street name for development next to Hubbards loke agreed as Starlings’ Way

ii. Street Lighting Hubbards Loke to remain as it is with NCC adopting all lighting and all new development street lighting.

iii. Awaiting meeting with NCC and BDC to discuss Clay Hall Farm

iv. GWPC to write to owner of land opposite the Garage to ask about plans for the site

(1356) Finance

i. Payment of £15.78 for upgrading insurance to include speed signs agreed

ii. Annual insurance to remain with provider from last year.

iii. Agreed  to authorise upgrade of speed signs to include data gathering.

(1357) War Memorial to be built by Lovells. SW to photo of old one to Lovells

(1358) Post Office facilities due to start in The Bridge Pub

(1359) SW to pursue Jubilee Wood public access agreement with landowner

(1360) SW to continue to gatherinformation on Public Rights of Way

GWPC minutes 27-03-2014