Pathmakers Trustee vacancies
The charity (which was set up by the Norfolk Local Access Forum) to increase public access to the countryside (charity registration 1161475) is looking for 5 new trustees with a passion for walking, cycling and the environment, to shape, support and future-proof the charity over the next 3 years as it enters an exciting phase of development.
To help us grow we are looking for experienced members of the public to join the Pathmakers board. We are are particularly keen to recruit trustees with skills in: leadership, financial management and fund-raising, administration, community engagement, communications, marketing, legal operating framework for small charities and project management.
These are not paid roles, but we will cover expenses.
In return for volunteering for about 8 hours per month Trustees appointed will:
- get the chance to meet people from diverse backgrounds and sectors who are keen to protect the environment and to create better access;
- take part in four board meetings per year, bringing their personal perspective and skills to certain tasks;
- develop strategic thinking and questioning skills;
- receive full induction and training for their role.
Recent and current Pathmakers projects include:
- Delivery of a 600 metre boardwalk at Burgh Castle to greatly improve access for all at this fascinating site;
- Community Friends Walks, a project funded by Ordnance Survey to prepare the way for developing a Smartphone app to help people find local walking routes;
- Liftoff, a project part funded by the European Social Fund to enable small or medium-sized rural businesses offer work experience, work trials and internships for those who might face barriers to finding work in the environment sector;
- Paving the Way, a bid in development to the Heritage Lottery Fund to develop trustee skills through a programme of learning visits and initiatives to strengthening governance.
For further details and to apply online please go to: www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/pathmakers
If you have any queries or require a paper version of the application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 31st May 2019.